The mission of Anna Maria College is to foster the intellectual involvement of students, along with a commitment to serving the community. The school’s Mondor-Eagen Library has served as the center of academic life on the campus since 1982.
Outdated facilities and inadequate space are a common problem for most modern educational institutions. To help solve these issues, Anna Maria College turned to Integral Storage Solutions to provide state-of-the-art mobile shelving as part of a major renovation and collection space planning project.
The goal was to reimagine the 20,000-square-foot space into an “Information Commons” by integrating technology in a flexible, innovative design that provides a true learning environment and campus center for the student community.
The Mondor-Eagan Library needed to balance its vast collection of print material, including more than 64,000 books, with the ability to provide an environment conducive to study and research with suitable environmental conditions for its services, personnel, resources, and collections.
Integral Storage Solutions provided a centerpiece of the renovation — custom designed, compact storage systems and flexible shelving arrangements to accommodate the library’s growing collections of research media and offer more adequate collaborative space for study.
With cost-effective and innovative Montel storage products, Integral Storage Solutions solved collection space issues by optimizing the physical footprint of the original space, improving space organization, and maximizing storage capacity.
The following value-engineered state-of-the-art motorized & mechanical mobile storage system and product configurations were installed:
- SafeAisle® electric carriage mounted high-density mobile storage units
- LED Guard Technology (LGT) safety system covering the whole aisle surface
- Low safety activation height system detects objects as small as 1½’’ (38mm) high located anywhere in the aisle
- Electronic overload protection & fail-safe technology
- Aisle-entry people counter
- Infrared distance measuring sensors
- Control boards offering the capability to be upgraded with new generations of software
- Simple movement controls with LCD display including two arrow shaped OPEN backlit buttons, and a
- STOP backlit button
- PIN-Code module access control having a 32-character permanently backlit LCD display, and digits from 0 to 9
- Sealed membrane control technology ensuring maximum life duration of controls
- All movement controls and indicator lights are solid state and provide visual indication of safety module operation
- Automatic built-in battery backup ensuring motorized mobile storage system to be always operational even during power failures
- Dual access controls so the system can be accessed from either side of the aisle
- Mobilex® mechanical assist carriage mounted high-density mobile storage units
- Aetnastak cantilever fixed shelving units providing a large range of accessories and practical features
- SmartShelf 4-post shelving units offering the flexibility and adaptability to change the shelving configurations for the actual and future storage needs
- 4D wide span semi-industrial shelving units
- Powder coating finishing technology.
Integral Storage Solutions helped Anna Maria College succeed in creating a well-planned, secure, and adequate library space to house growing special collections and rare materials. The Mondor-Eagan Library has been transformed into a modern research facility that meets the increasing demand for diverse and collaborative environments.