At Integral Storage Solutions, we have the opportunity to work with outstanding corporate and nonprofit clients across New England — but it’s a true privilege to work with local contractors on a project serving our own home community in New Britain, Connecticut.
In 2012, we were pleased to work with local general contractor, Downes Construction, and architecture firm, Kaestle Boos, on the construction of a new 91,300 sq ft facility for the New Britain Police Department. This $45 million, state-of-the-art design/build project replaced the former headquarters building on Columbus Boulevard, which was constructed in the late 1960s.
Integral Storage Solutions provided stationary shelving, fire proof cabinets, compact shelving, and weapon storage racks for the project. Our customized storage solutions were built and installed to the exacting specifications of Kaestle Boos, which specializes in the design of police, public safety and municipal facilities. Moreover, our innovative and efficient processes and workflow allowed for cost savings for the City of New Britain.
The install included:
- Weapon Racks.
- Formaspace Work Tables.
- Heavy Duty Shelving for armory and ammo storage.
- High Density Mobile Storage for archives, records, business administration and office supplies.
- Stationary Shelving for evidence and equipment storage.
- Cantilever Shelving for library and conference room.
The New Britain Police Department works diligently to form strong partnerships within the community to protect our neighborhoods, prevent crime and keep our citizens safe. We took great pride in our contributions to a new facility that supports the fine work of the department.
A few interesting facts about the building*:
- The emergency operations center is equipped with high-tech systems that will continue to operate, even if the generator systems blow.
- The $6 million telecommunications system is so powerful, it can run all of downtown if necessary (it replaced an antiquated system that was over 30 years old).
- Exhibits curated by the New Britain Historical Society on the history of the New Britain Police Department are in large display cases on every floor.
At the ribbon cutting ceremony in December 2012, Police Chief James Wardwell was enthusiastic about moving into the new headquarters:
“It’s a beautiful building that police officers in New Britain will be proud of for years to come,” he said.